Saturday, December 02, 2006

GPS for everyone?

I've always dreamt of having a GPS receiver in my car or on my cell phone. It's not so much that I need it but it does rank high on my list of cool gadgets to have. In any case, the following article got me excited and then I realized the definition of "budget-priced" is USD 259.99. I would pay a $100 or perhaps even $150 for one but over $250 is still way too much for a toy to play with. I would rather put $250 towards a Wii.


Feed: Engadget
Title: Axion rolls out budget-priced GEO-632 GPS unit

Apparently there's a gaping hole in the handheld GPS market, as it seems a new manufacturer takes its first dive every other week or so, and this time it's none other than Axion. Diverting its efforts away from those portable DVD players and iPTV gizmos, the firm is unveiling a budget-conscious GPS that pulls double duty as a pedestrian guide when not relaxing on your dash.

No comments: