Saturday, May 26, 2007

Day 4 - More Misery

Another night of poor sleep. This time, I got really uncomfortable with my sleeping arrangement. I have a soft pillow chair with 2 pillows on it but I had to fluff and switch the pillows around multiple times through the night.

The day turned out even more miserable than yesterday. I had oatmeal and orange juice for breakfast. Watched another episode of Hereos while icing down my jaws and by the time the episode ended I was hyperventilating. My head feels even woozier than yesterday. Initially I thought the anesthesia hadn't completely worn off but now I'm thinking it's the meds.

I'm starting to get really concerned about this splint and my ability to talk. It's going to be 4-5 weeks until they take it off and it's really hampering my ability to speak. I'm not sure how I'll be able to get back to my regular schedule when I get to work. I usually spend anywhere from 2-4 hours on conference calls so I may be as good as useless.

On a positive note, I'm kind of surprised with how much feeling I have on my face. My left cheek almost has all it's feeling back and my upper lip and right cheek aren't completely numb either. When I had my wisdom teeth taken out, I had absolutely no feeling on parts of my face for 2 months. At this rate, I may have all my feeling back by the end of the first week.

No comments: