Sunday, July 01, 2007

5 Weeks Post-Op - Posterized

I had another visit to my surgeon this past week. He noticed my bite was a little off - my left molars don't touch perfectly so he asked me to start using "poster elastics" on my left side. "Oh no, I've been posterized!" He said it was no big concern so I'll leave it to the experts to fix up.

In other news, I'm starting to get feeling back in my upper gums ever so slowly. The inside of my upper teeth also need a good scrub - just 1.5 weeks away until the splint comes off! I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm looking forward to flossing.

Upcoming milestones:
6 weeks post-op - one week until the splint comes off
7 weeks post-op - splint comes off!!!
8 weeks post-op - resume regular diet
4 months post-op - braces come off (hopefully...)

No comments: