Sunday, July 08, 2007

6.5 Weeks Post-Op - 2 days away from freedom

I'm only 2 days away from getting my splint taken out. Only 2 days away from freedom! Well, mostly... I'm still not allowed to resume my regular diet until another week but my jaw is feeling strong enough to already handle it - I'm going to be a good boy and wait it out though.

I've been getting a little more adventurous with my eating habits recently. Biting more and more meat everyday (although nothing more than ground meat and chicken still) and I also had a veggie burger at our company picnic on Wednesday.

I still can't decide what I'm going to have first when I can finally resume regular eating. I'm thinking something unhealthy that tastes really good.
  • Perhaps KFC fried chicken?
  • Pizza? (which I've been craving ever since the Thursday lunch meeting at work - thanks Matt!)
  • Or the peanut pasta and fried ice-cream at Thaifoon?
Not sure yet...

Upcoming milestones:
7 weeks post-op - splint comes off!!!
8 weeks post-op - resume regular diet
4 months post-op - braces come off (hopefully...)

4 comments:

amycq said...

Thanks for the encouragement! Yeah I have good support here at home. My husband will be home from work for a couple of weeks and friends and neighbors said they'd help with anything. I gotta tell ya, I'm getting anxiety about the actual day and the day after! Reading about everyone's experiences has made it less a mystery though. I will have a splint in for a while...I'm not sure about the banding yet. I will see my OS next week and will get the full scoop. My surgery was on and off for two years so I get confused about what's going on cuz it's changed a bunch of times! I picked up more supplies so I don't feel so unprepared now...now to work on the mental preparedness! I'll add you to my links and keep up with how you are doing post op!

-amy

Erin said...

Wow, the splint is staying on for 7 weeks?! I have no idea how long mine will be in for. That seems like a really long time. This is one of the first questions I'll be asking the surgeon on the 17th!

Roopak Majmudar said...

Thanks for the comments! I'll be checking both of your blogs frequently to see how things are progressing. I'm kind of excited to re-live the experience.

As for the splint, initially my surgeon said 4-5 weeks. Post surgery, he told me 7 weeks. My surgeon likes to be on the really safe side - I don't blame him either.

Brandyleigh35 said...

You are so not going to beat me! LOl...I re-added and if I get my braces of in September it will only be a little bit past 3 month, not 4 months post surgery.

Given that I had a one piece Lefort verses your segmented one, I hoping that will push things along too. I'm really ready to get these suckers off!