Wednesday, January 10, 2007

NFL Divisional Playoff Games

With both the Rambling Geek and Kimota94 posting playoff predictions for the weekend, I thought I would throw mine in the mix too.

I didn't publish my predictions from last weekend but if you're willing to take my word for it, I'm 3-1 (my picks were Colts, Seahawks, Pats, Giants).

Moving on to this weekend:

Indianapolis at Baltimore - This one's the toughest one to pick for me. I don't think too highly of either team right now so I'm just going to pick the team I want to win: Indianapolis Colts

Philadelphia at New Orleans - This one's a no brainer. Drew Brees has been the best QB this season and will demolish the Eagles: New Orleans Saints

Seattle at Chicago
- Another no brainer. I believed the Seahawks would get their act together the second half of the season but they didn't. I don't think Rex Grossman is all that special but he'll have no trouble overcoming Seattle: Chicago Bears

New England at San Diego - This is the best match-up of the weekend but it's an easy one to pick for me. Tom Brady and the New England Patriots have proven themselves over and over again in the playoffs. Phillip Rivers is good but having to face the Patriots in his first trip to the playoffs is asking a bit much: New England Patriots

3 comments:

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

I agree with several of your points, but none moreso than how attractive the NE/SD matchup looks! It has the potential to be a fantastic spectacle, if both teams bring their A-game to the field!

Looking forward to a better weekend of football than we had last time....

cjguerra said...

Impressive - you are 7 and 1 now!

Roopak Majmudar said...

Yep, I'm kind of surprised I went 4-0 this weekend since I was questioning a couple of the picks a day after I made them.